Sunday 6 March 2011

Opening credits - Magnum p.i.


I had such a crush on Tom Selleck. It doesn't make much sense really - the moustache and hairy chest? But he was pure yumminess in Magnum p.i; a show that was so silly yet wonderful all at the same time. Some of the best opening credits of the 80s here - red ferrari, sweeping Hawaii views, bikini-clad women, Hawaiian shirts and of course, the eyebrow trick at the end. My sister and I used to try and do this (look, I don't claim to have been cool when I was young, ok?) and we could never achieve it.

My favourite seasons in Friends are when Tom is Monica's boyfriend - he was never too old and you could see how Monica could fall for him. Like I say, yum!

Also, let's not overlook the actual theme tune here - it's so punchy and fab. I just listened to it with a big smile on my face. I don't actually remember much about the show - this was a classic example of TV where I watched the credits and then lost attention.

So here it is in all its glory. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. My crush on Tom Selleck never died. I'm watching Blue Bloods (NY cop show on Sky Atlantic)just because he's in it. Plus, he has The Voice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, the voice. I love the line in Friends where Phoebe says to Monica: You are such the smitten kitten! Who wouldn't be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only ever fancied two men with a tash. My teacher when I was 12 and Tom Selleck. In my eyes, they are one and the same.

    AMAZING THEME TUNE.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...