Wednesday 6 April 2011

Barbra Streisand


Tonight I am not in the mood to be annoyed and one of the things that really bugs me is when people do not know how to spell a legend's name. It's Barbra, not Barbara. OK?

OK, so let's discuss the wondrous, luminous, fabulous Babs. I love her. What a voice she has. Goosebumps don't even cover it. She has a voice like molten honey and any so-called divas today have nothing on her.

Not only has she got that voice, she's also a good actress. I am going to ignore her recent films and remind you of the genius of What's Up Doc? One of my favourite films ever, she is hilarious in it. I like that she never had her nose fixed and that her son is gay and well, godammit, I just love her and won't hear a word against her. The Way We Were? Hokum but thank you Babs for making it watchable and singing one of my top 10 songs of all time. A song that opens with humming.

I have many reasons for loving this song. One is the use of it in The Naked Gun 2:


Makes me giggle every time.

No Barbra tribute would be complete without mentioning Papa Can You Hear Me? This song is me and my gay best friend's song and no evening chez Andy is complete without throwing this on and singing along. Yeah, wine helps. Guilty, Evergreen, Woman in Love... I could go on and on.

So thanks for the memories Babs, here's to the laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...