Monday 25 April 2011

Power Ballads - Don't Cry For Me Argentina - Julie Covington



While I am having a bit of an Andrew Lloyd Webber moment, I think it's time for another power ballad and this is one of my favourites. Actually I am not sure this is technically a power ballad but hey ho, let's go with it. Another song I associate with my childhood, my mum and I once drove to London and listened to this song over and over and over. Subsequently, I know every word and every note.

Now, you know I love Madonna but I did not enjoy her in Evita. You google this song and all you get are images of Madonna. Sacrilege! Apparently this is what Julie looks like. She nailed this and it is the only version I can listen to. I am also horrified Glee recorded it. Take it away Julie...

3 comments:

  1. "my mum and I once drove to London and listened to this song over and over and over"
    It sounds like you drove from Sydney to London and that's all you listened too ..... not that I think that's a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Leo Sayer knocking this off the No 1 spot (or at least I think I do but I might be imagining it) with You Make Me Feel Like Dancing and my mum being most upset about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you are young, a drive from Essex to London feels like a road trip!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...