Tuesday 7 June 2011

Chic


Chic is one of my favourite bands. Niles Rodgers is a genius. Another album that I loved as a child - Chic's Greatest Hits. When they sang Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah, I thought it was the best thing ever. Still do, truth be told.

Every song on their Greatest Hits is wonderful. Good Times (so sampled but the original is the best), Le Freak (all-time classic disco - no party is complete without this), Dance Dance Dance (Yowsah etc) and my favourite, I Want Your Love.

Effortless, toe-tapping, wonderful. Nothing can go wrong in the world when Chic is being played. Look at that photo - they were sublime. It makes me want to throw something glittery on and dance under a mirror ball. See you on the dancefloor...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...