Thursday 7 July 2011

Kiefer Sutherland


Kiefer Sutherland is the textbook example of someone who has aged so well. He was simply not fanciable when he was younger. When him and Julia Roberts were together, I remember thinking "huh?" Pasty face, pudgy nose and that white blonde hair? No thanks. I think I was tainted by his role in Stand By Me.

Fast forward 15-20 years and hello Jack Bauer. Hello indeed. Kiefer has a beautiful voice. I don't know how I never noticed this before but you'd have to be deaf, dumb and blind to not notice it in 24. Jack Baeur is the man we all want really. He can kill an enemy with his hands tied behind his back, he is ever resourceful in a crisis and drives round LA chatting to Chloe and saving the world. He's divine and who would have though Kiefer could play him so credibly?

I love Kiefer because he's a party boy but not in a Charlie Sheen sad bastard way. Just in a "I can't believe my luck" way. I bet he'd be fun to have a few beers with.

"My name is Jack Baeur and today is going to be the longest day of my life"

Swooooooooooooon.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...