Tuesday 5 July 2011

Sister Sledge


One of my favourite bands, Sister Sledge. Produced by the wondrous Nile Rodgers and architects of some of the greatest disco songs ever produced. I can't even talk about the horror that is Frankie. Let's focus on their high points.

There are four definitive Sister Sledge songs:

We Are Family - much played and always a pleasure to listen to but not my favourite.
Lost in Music - caught in a trap, no turning back! This isn't played enough, I am very fond of it and always have to dance when it comes on.
He's The Greatest Dancer - some of the greatest lyrics ever written. I love every line but nothing beats: "Halston, Gucci, Fiorucci, he looks like a still, that man is dressed to kill!"

And my absolute favourite, Thinking of You. I have such fond memories of dancing to this in my uni days with my besties. How we loved it. It's such a happy song. I adore the introduction. Niles really was a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...