Saturday 19 May 2012

Terminator 2: Judgment Day


Terminator 2 is one of the best action films ever made.  If you are sniffy about it, then watch it again and come back and tell me why. And I want a full critique with references.

It's a masterpiece of suspense with a kick-ass heroine in Linda Hamilton (whatever happened to her? She was so good in this), Arnie at his finest and the most menacing villain (in T1000).  Just thinking about how he melts and gets through those bars gives me sweaty palms of fear. The soundtrack is wonderful, it gets your heart thumping. Everyone is great in this but it's Linda's film and she should have won an Oscar.

Although the special effects in this were amazing, the film wasn't all about the effects. And I know I sound 101, but really, is it that hard to write a good action script these days? This film has heart with John Connor making a connection with The Terminator. My favourite line is "Come with me if you want to live." and my favourite scene is the motorcycle chase near the beginning because it's so nail-biting. Cameron knows how to do this stuff like no other director. You can watch the trailer here which is still a really excellent trailer by the way. I might have to go and watch it again since I can as 29 August 1997 passed without event and we weren't overrun by crazy machines set to destroy us. Phew.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...