Saturday 9 February 2013

Erasure


It's a mystery that I've not mentioned Erasure yet. Synth pop from the 80s and 90s featuring a gay lead singer and I've ignored them? It's most odd.

Anyway, better late than never. I was reminded of the mighty A Little Respect this week and I am sitting here listening to it now and it's very much a perfect pop song (with a ridiculous video - when he says no soul, he holds up pieces of sole. Ummmmm).



I also very much like Sometimes. Here it is from Top of the Pops.



I've just relistened to Victim of Love for the first time in about 20 years and it's worth 3 minutes of your time.



It's interesting how much Andy Bell sounds like Alison Moyet. I have never noticed this before. Listen to Chains of Love without watching it and it could be Alison.



Another observation: Andy Bell dances like George Michael.



Also, were jeans and a white t-shirt mandatory for gay boys in the 80s?


Vince Clarke is a bit of a genius but I prefer Yazoo. In my retrospect of Erasure I think I can safely say they has one or two good songs. A Little Respect is the best one and I like Sometimes. The rest all sound the same but if they came on the radio, I'd happily sing along.

1 comment:

  1. YES. I love their greatest hits. Ship of Fools is one of my favourites - one of the songs that doesn't sound like all the others.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...